Thursday, May 21, 2009

my blog will be original and super-cool.


Today, I’ve spent more than four hours reading the Light Fellowship blogs. Some of them are more boring than the 86th episode of Indiana Jones and the Egyptian Skull. Some of them are super fun. So, I have made two major decisions. Number one – my blog will be super fun. Number two – my blog will be original. Oh, yeah. Here’s my multi-fold strategy for making my blog the kinda blog that people check every morning before the NY Times website, the sort of a blog that makes the blogger look cool and sexy, careless but sophisticated:

a.       I won’t be covering the basics. I’ll let my Light fellows do it. I’m sure there’ll be at least one person to cover extensively housing, transportation, getting a cellphone, etc. I’ll be writing about the cool stuff.

b.      My blog will be as much Nihon as possible. I will be hanging out with real Japanese kids. I don’t know how I’m gonna do it. But I know I will. If I go clubbing, I wanna go where nihonjins go, I’ll be eating where Nihonjins eat. And by the end of the summer, I will become a Nihonjin!!!! Well, maybe not exactly. But pretty close, nevertheless.

c.       I will write about struggles. No one wants to read about the amazing linguistic advances of Rene Bystron. Instead, people wanna see him struggle in classes, on the street, when meeting a hostfamily, when tasting an unknown tabemono. I will write about how I’m still the dumbest kid in the class. I will write about how I think it’s impossible to fit a three-digit number of Kanjis into my head. I will write about how I probably won’t understand a word of what the sensee are saying. And if, due to some strange incident of a major gain in psychic powers, I won’t be struggling, I’ll still make up stuff. Cause since the creation of horror movies, everybody loves to see a stuck-up Ivy leaguer fighting to survive.

With such a grand strategy, I cannot but succeed. So….ladies and gentlemen, say bye to NYtimes, and get ready for the Summer Wave in Tokyo.  

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! I'm definitely tuned in and fully expect your blog to be a summer sensation. Dig the music, too. =)

    ReplyDelete