Saturday, June 13, 2009

Risky Business


Yesterday, we (buddies from SANC) explored Shinjuku at night. It was amazing. When waiting for our tables at a suspicious Shinjuku restaurant, a group of aged Japanese men approached us. One of them said I looked like a moviestar. I told him my dad was Tom Cruise. Then he said I was smart. I told him I go to Yale, which confused him because Rosenbaum-san wore a t-shirt that said “Harvard…as much fun as abstinence.” Then he said I looked cute, which kinda freaked me out. I still took it as a compliment though. Then he said……. What? woah, woah, woah, woah…you just crossed the line, Mr. Japan.

Conclusion of the day: it is valuable to engage in daily conversations with common people in Japan…. Up to a certain point. Then just run away.

4 comments:

  1. LOL! Superb language-learning advice, I'd say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMAOOOOOOOOOO. Best. Conversation. Ever.

    Though I'm not sure if you can call it a conversation. I mean, most of us didn't understand that last part until later...

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Then just run away." I love it.
    JKだけ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just so let you know....shinjuku 2chou me (新宿2丁目) is famous for the gay bars. Also, kabuki cho ichibangai(歌舞伎町一番街, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Kabukicho_Gate_at_night.jpg) could be dangerous at night.

    and....STOP CONFUSING MY PEOPLE!! lol

    ReplyDelete