Monday, June 15, 2009


Today was the first day of school. I have no idea what the homework for tomorrow is but I am staying upbeat and optimistic. After school, Allie, Wang-san and I had teshyoku in Shibuya. Then we met up with Kisho and Matt to go to the electronic town, Akihabara, to buy an electronic dictionary. We couldn’t find the right one. We kept losing Kisho. Getting on each other’s nerves, we all sort of became Debbie Downers. Retail Therapy was obviously not working. Then, however, someone ( I think it was me) suggested we go Karaoke. And so we did.

Karaoke was wild fun. We got a little room on the second floor. We sang all the cool songs – including Gimme More by B.Spears, Beautiful by Christina, Everybody by B.Boys. It was amazing and refreshing. Our penultimate song was “Don’t Stop Believing” and our last song was “I Will Survive.” After Karaoke we went back to our dictionary-search. And voila! The first store we went to had it. So now we all have identical Canon V90, which is nice and dandy. On the way back, we were super-tired yet we fervently started to unwrap our zisyo only to find out that our dictionaries are in fact not as dandy as we thought. Oh, well.

Now, I’m waiting for Kisho and Matt to finish cooking our supper, humming my favorite tunes from today’s extravaganza. So, in the spirit of Gloria Gaynor….

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBR2G-iI3-I

1 comment: